If you have suffered hearing damage at work, then you may be eligible for compensation.

You can make a claim for any injuries sustained as a result of a loud noise. These include:

  • Perforated eardrums;
  • Earache;
  • Tinnitus;
  • Partial or complete hearing loss.

You can also make a claim whether your injury was caused by a sudden loud noise, such as an explosion, or over time. If you have not done so already, it is absolutely crucial that you get medical treatment for your injuries. Doing so will update your medical record which will improve the chances of loud work claim success. It is will also create a clear Date of Knowledge, from which you only have three years to bring your loud work claim forward.

Who will my claim be against?

If you have suffered hearing damage or hearing loss at work, then your claim will be against your employer but managed by their insurance company. If your employer does not have valid insurance in place, then your claim will be with your employer directly.

Can I be punished for making a claim?

Under UK law, no. It is illegal for an employer to punish an employee for making a claim and if an employer were to do so they would open themselves up to an employment tribunal.

Can I make a loud work claim if I am a contractor?

If you are not directly employed by a business but you provide services as a contractor then your right to make a claim remains the same. Businesses are bound to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of all employees, and this stretches to contractors and even visitors.

Can I make a claim if my hearing loss happened years ago?

Ordinarily you only have three years from your Date of Knowledge to make a claim for such injuries, however depending on the type of hearing loss you have sustained, it may be possible to make a claim even if your hearing loss happened years ago. You should seek out specialist legal advice if this applies to you, to find out if your circumstances allow it.

Can I claim back my lost earnings?

If you have had to take time off work because of your injuries and you were not paid your full wage, then you can claim back any lost earnings including overtime, whether you work part time or full time, and you can also claim back any relevant out of pocket expenses.

Find out more about the claims process today

To find out more about how the claims process works, give our claims advisors a call today for free and with no obligation on 0800 157 1437.