If you have been injured in a fall from height while at work, such as in a manufacturing plant or in a warehouse, then you may be eligible for compensation. An industrial accident lawyer will look into your case for you, to establish whether or not you have a claim.

Who is responsible for work at height?

The Health and Safety Executive makes it very clear that it is the responsibility of the employer to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of all employees under the Work at Height Regulations 2005 (WAHR). The Regulations also apply to contractors who control work at height. You should be adequately trained to work at height and be provided with all necessary equipment to perform your role. That equipment must also be regularly tested for safety and it should be replaced if it is found to be faulty.

Do the Regulations apply to warehouse and manufacturing plants?

Yes they do. They cover all work at height, including the more common scenarios where scaffolding is used or roof racks are used, such as in the building trade.

If you have fallen from height, then no matter the circumstances in which you were injured, the Regulations apply to you and your employer.

How will an industrial accident lawyer prove my case?

Your industrial accident lawyer will look into the health and safety record and practices of your employer to establish if any laws have been broken. If they have, then you will have a very strong claim. If they haven’t, then you can still make a claim, because in the end your employer has failed in their duty to protect you from harm.

In what industries are falls from height most common?

The construction industry has the highest number of falls from height; this includes builders, engineers, roofers, stonemasons etc. However falls from height are also common in large warehouses. Falls from height can be particularly dangerous in warehouses because there is also the possibility of the worker’s surroundings coming down on top of them. If you have been injured in such an accident, then an industrial accident lawyer will take your case on.

Do I have a claim?

So long as the accident in which you were injured was not completely your fault (or in other words, so long as your level of liability is not 100 per cent), and so long as your accident happened no more than three years ago, you meet the basic eligibility criteria for making an industrial personal injury claim. Most claims in the United Kingdom become time-barred after three years, so it is imperative that you make your claim sooner rather than later.

Find out more about making a claim today

If you have been injured in a fall from height, discuss your case for free and with no obligation with one of our claims advisors on 0800 157 1437 today.