Slip and Trip Accidents

Slip and Trip Accidents and your Legal Rights

If you have been injured in a slip and trip or fall in an accident that was not your fault, then the law is on your side. The law makes it very clear that you have the legal right to make a claim if your accident was the result of somebody else’s actions or inactions.

However, your eligibility for compensation is another matter entirely. To be eligible for slip and trip compensation, the two following criteria need to be met:

  • The date your accident happened: This must be no more than three years ago. If your accident or the date your injuries first became clear is more than three years ago, then unfortunately you will likely not have a claim, because your case will be time-barred or statute barred under the Limitation Act 1980.
  • Your level of liability/responsibility: You must have a level of diminished liability to be eligible for compensation, because the other side will be under no obligation to pay you if they are not in some way liable for your accident. You can however still make a claim if you were partly responsible for your accident.

If you are unsure about any of these criteria, please call us to discuss your case. We will help you to establish your eligibility for compensation for free and with no obligation.

What kinds of slip and trip accident can I claim for?

Slip and trip accidents are among the most common types of accident across the United Kingdom. It is estimated that over a third of all workplace accidents fall into the slip, trip or fall category, and there are several thousand such accidents on the high street, in shopping centres and in supermarkets and restaurants every month.

The bottom line is that so long as your level of liability is not 100 per cent then you can make a claim for a slip and trip, regardless of the circumstances surrounding your accident, providing that there is somebody to claim against. This might be an employer, a business such as a high street store, a restaurant or even the local council or authority as will be the case if you tripped over a pothole in the road or a loose paving slab on a walkway.

How we can help you with your claim

We are a law firm with our own lawyers who specialise in slips, trips and falls. We will build a compelling case for compensation on your behalf, and we can also support you throughout the claims process by planning and coordinating the medical care you need. To find out more about our service, or for advice following an accident, call us for free and with no obligation today on 0800 157 1437 and speak with one of our accident claims advisors.